Do you have a few empty bottles of wine laying around the house, like I do? Well, after doing some serious Pinterest-ing a couple of weeks ago, I came across the idea to turn my empty wine bottles into “Candy Corn” flower vases. These vases make great center pieces on your kitchen table or at a Halloween dinner party. And the best part is, they are super easy to make!
So come on, tie your hair back, throw on some clothes you don’t mind getting dirty and get creative!
Materials you will need:
- Wine bottles (I used 3)
- White, Orange & Yellow Spray Paint
- Gloves & Paper (to protect your hands and spray surface)
- Flowers (fake or fresh)
1. Remove wine label (Soak over night in water, then peel. Use a scouring pad to scrub off any stubborn pieces)
2. Spray paint the bottles completely white (including inside the mouth of the bottle). Let dry. Repeat for a second coat.
3. Spray paint an orange stripe in the center of the bottle. Let dry. Repeat for a second coat.
4. Spray paint a yellow stripe below the orange. Let dry. Repeat for a second coat.
5. Once your bottles are dry it is time to decorate them with some seasonal flowers! If you choose to use fresh flowers, don’t forget to add water! You can arrange them on a charger, as I did below, and place them in the center of your dining room table!
I hope that you enjoy making these festive Candy Corn flower vases! I’m sure they will have your friends and family talking!